Personal tax account wins award
After just one year after launch, the Personal Tax Account has recently won Digital Project of the Year at the annual UK IT Industry Awards. HMRC have said the account has achieved more than 7 million users and millions of transactions, including:
• 1.6 million Income Tax repayments, worth more than £800 million
• 1 million tax credit renewals
• 100,000 people checking or updating their company car details
• 1.6 million people checking their tax estimate
• 2 million people checking their state pensions.
Using a Personal Tax Account will allow you to do the following tasks online:
• check your state pension
• complete and return a Self Assessment tax return
• update tax credits circumstances as they change throughout the year to prevent under and overpayments
• claim an Income Tax refund that will be paid straight into your bank account
• check and update your Marriage Allowance.
Reference: GOV.UK news